Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Line Study

2538.jpg






"Gymnast 3" - Barbara Graetzer




I chose this piece because I liked how the artist incorporated straight and curvilinear lines, and different line widths. It reminded me of the different patterns that the class came up with under the same limitations. Both this piece and pieces of some classmates have a sense of movement within a constricted, and well defined space. The piece didn't say what the medium of use was but it looks like ink. I also like how many small shapes and patterns make up the figure of a gymnast, and that reminded me of the thumbnail critiques and how we all saw different things based on our perspective of the paper. I also picked it because it looks like something that would be really neat to do, but of course once I've had more practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment