Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Cut & Paste Visualization- Paula Scher

paula+scher+1995+public+theatre2.jpg



I chose this image because it reminded me of our own assignment. Scher incorporates image type and even her grid for placement is visible; or at least that's what the lines look like to me. I like how the word public on the left is balanced by smaller type on the right. Perhaps people may see it as too busy or crowded but the poster is about dancing and in my opinion the overall feel of the type and the different directions in which the type was placed goes accordingly to what the poster is about. I also like how she handles the color on the poster she uses yellow as the background which makes the black type pop. Also the little bit of red that she uses was very wise in the fact that its a very strong color so she uses it sparingly to prevent both color and type to be overwhelming.

No comments:

Post a Comment